Sunday, December 04, 2016

Cooking: a meatier adaptation of the full English breakfast.

The last time I reported on my attempts to make a full English were over three years ago! This time round, I decided to cut out the stuff I wasn't too keen on (for example, the mushrooms), and feast on the stuff I love (hash browns, potatoes). Furthermore, because I was cooking, rather than ordering at a cafe, where the bacon is cooked to a certain level, I like my bacon a lot crispier than average, and so cooked it thus.


Ta da! It was absolutely delicious, even if I do say so myself. The crispy bacon, cooked in a reservoir of oil, probably single-handedly doubled my cholesterol levels, but was heaven to taste.

Next time, however, I would recommend adding eggs. Runny egg adds a certain something to the English breakfast, that I thought this was missing.

No comments: