Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Evaluation of my other mascaras.

When it comes to applying mascara, I have the requisite resolve, but sadly not the manual dexterity. So I didn't give up after my experiment on Monday with the appalling Soap and Glory product, and instead turned my attentions to my other three mascaras.


Rimmel Sexy Curves
The brush for this mascara has a rubber-like quality, which I didn't like very much as I thought it felt flimsy against my eyelashes. However, in its favour, the three bumps across the brush ensures all areas of the eyelash are covered. Something else I liked about this product was, whilst it may not necessarily have lengthened my eyelashes by much, it definitely worked to separate them all.


Maybelline Collosal Volum' Express
I've been using this mascara all through my university years, but as I don't use mascara that much, there's still a fair bit in the tube. This mascara has served me very well; easy to apply and effective, its only shortcoming is that it does cause a bit of mess occasionally, but as I gained more practice at applying mascara, I became more accustomed to it.

Build It Mascara




I can't actually remember what brand this mascara is, as I got it with a magazine and sadly the lettering has worn off. You use it in two steps: first, apply the white part to lengthen your eyelashes, and then the black part to tint it, and for extra volume on top. The shape of both the brushes mean it isn't terribly easy to work with, but the two stages of application does give it the edge over competitors.

So all in all, none of these are perfect, but they're all a darn sight better than the woeful Soap and Glory mascara. My voyage to apply mascara properly hasn't ended... yet.

No comments: