Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Oscar Nominations 2011: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Full list here

Photobucket

Good
- Hailee Steinfeld's nomination! It's her first film role and a child performance as good as Saoirse Ronan in Atonement and Ivana Baquero in Pan's Labyrinth, two other performances I adore. The whole "pushing her into support" was a severe case of category frauds, but it's not the first and won't be the last time a kid has been pushed into supporting to boost their chances (see also: Tatum O'Neal in Paper Moon) and let's be honest, everyone does it (see also: Jake G in BBM, Jamie Foxx in Collateral), and she's not hurting anyone (apart from maybe Mila Kunis. Whom I also love, but in a more lesbian way), and if I get over my massive girlcrush on Mila I'll happily admit that Steinfeld's performance eclipsed Kunis', so in that sense, good is good!

- Christopher Nolan not getting a Best Director nomination for Inception. Oh, how I laughed. :DDDDD Cannot stand that film. Second least favourite of 2010. If I had my way, it would be leading the charge at the  Razzies

- Screenplay & Song love for my favourite film of 2010, Toy Story III.
Photobucket

- Melissa Leo, Amy Adams and Christian Bale getting duly nominated for their excellent performances in The Fighter (though they were sure-locks). The latter two will be favourites to go on and win, and deservedly so.

Bad
- 127 Hour's score getting nominated. I mean, really? It was just bloody sounds.

- The Social Network for Sound Mixing. Are you joking me?!

- Jeremy Renner getting nominated for The Town. I'd heard so much hype for his performance, but really, he just came off as surly. I cannot believe he got in ahead of Garfield. Speaking of which...


Ugly
- The Academy treating Andrew Garfield not dissimilar to how Mark Zuckerberg treated Eduardo Saverin. This was my reaction to his snub:
Photobucket

I am NOT a happy bunny!

5 comments:

CMrok93 said...

I'm not all that disappointed with the Oscars this year, except no love for Christopher Nolan, or The Town for that matter. However, it doesn't matter all that much really since The Social Network is practically going to win everything it's nominated for. Which kind of blows, but hey it really was an amazing piece of work. Can't wait for the show!

Simon said...

But think about it: if Garfield had been nominated, you wouldn't have been able to use that gif. It works itself out in the end.

Emma said...

hah everything happens for a reason!

Anonymous said...

Nike free run australia nike free run plus shoes
Nike free run Blue nike free run blue shoes
Nike free run Black black nike free run shoes on sale
Nike free run Red red nike free run shoes for sale
Nike free run Grey grey nike free run shoes for sale
Nike free 3.0 womens nike free 3.0 shoes for womens
Nike free Run Tr nike free run tr shoes
Nike free 5.0 nike free run 5.0 shoes
Nike free 3.0 nike free run 3.0 shoes
Nike free 7.0 nike free run 7.0 shoes
Nike free run 2 nike free run 2011 style
Nike free run shoes nike free run shoes on sale

Anonymous said...

If you are going for finest contents like myself, only pay a quick visit this web page every day since it gives quality
contents, thanks
Also visit my blog post ; amazing teen babes