Monday, September 23, 2013

Two meals at Wasabi Sushi & Bento.

Sweet & spicy chicken bento, £5.45
 
I didn't like this very much, unfortunately, as it looked amazing in the box. The sweet & spicy sauce wasn't like the one I'm used to in Chinese food, and the cold chicken tasted off as well. I commited a faux-pas by not putting any soy sauce onto the rice, and as such, they tasted stale and were difficult to ingest, and the greens were extremely bland.
Grade: F
 
 

 photo SAM_0704_zps47a49faa.jpg
Bento box (noodles/rice and two meat dishes), £5.45
I had this on the same day as the previous one, which is unusual as I don't generally go back to places where I have a bad memory of. However, this was after the Chelsea game on Saturday and I was absolutely hammered, and feeling peckish, so, beggars can't be choosers. This went down a treat! The noodles were soy, but didn't taste too different from what I'm used to, and the hot sauce either side were both terrific. The chicken was actually well-cooked this time, which is more than I can say about the previous meal, and when I meshed the two sauces together, the outcome was delicious.
Grade: A-

No comments: