Saturday, June 13, 2020

My 10 favourite acting performances of 2018

In terms of my affinity for the films represented here, it's quite a mixed bag, with 60% of the films present being in my top 10 of 2018, but 2 of them being movies I actively disliked (Hereditary and Thoroughbreds). 

But, when watching a film, even if I'm not enjoying the experience, I try to focus on the redeeming qualities in it, which is why two films I didn't like are making appearances: because they contained eye-catching and impressive performances from their talented stars.

10. Jesse Plemons, Game Night


 09. John David Washington, BlacKkKlansman

08. Michael B. Jordan, Black Panther

07. Bradley Cooper, A Star is Born

06. Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk

05. Toni Collette, Hereditary
I really didn't care for this film, and hated Midsommar even more (safe to say, I'm not an Ari Aster fan), but there's no mistaking that Toni Collette's performance in it was an acting tour-de-force.

04. Rachel Weisz, The Favourite
I was a big fan of the conviction with which she slapped Emma Stone. *sips tea*

03. Jennifer Garner, Love, Simon
I loved this performance because I hope every kid who comes out is met with this level of empathy and kindness from their parents. ❤️

02. Jessie Buckley, Beast

01. Anton Yelchin, Thoroughbreds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Character, like https://yesmovies.tube film, consists in the ability to act according to principles.