Sunday, June 25, 2017

Product review: ORIGINAL WAYFARER SHADES (Rayban)


Now that the sun is shining in Britain, it's important to shield one's eyes from the scorching sun, whilst also looking the part. I have several pairs of sunglasses, but, due to my fixation with Nabokov's Lolita, they predominantly tend to be heart-shaped. I've seen characters in films ooze swag in Ray-ban sunglasses before, most memorably Emma Stone in Easy A when she struts down the hall wearing wayfarers and a basque and everyone gawps at her




And, with the upcoming Baby Driver and wayfarers playing a crucial part in Ansel Elgort's character's look (they are to him what the scorpion jacket was to Ryan Gosling in another getaway movie, Drive), I thought I'd get on that 'millennial swaggering around in Ray-bans' bandwagon.

As with most people, prior to buying this pair, I also owned a few pairs of imitation wayfarers, but as that link shows, they really do not compare to the real thing:

I went for the classic black-rimmed wayfarer design, because you can't beat an oldie, and the colour black goes with absolutely everything:

Wayfarers and headphones. I'm basically just like Elgort in Baby Driver.... minus the driving skillz.

I did briefly worry that having black hair in combination with black-rim shades would be too much of one colour around the face area, but yolo, I'm digging my new Ray-ban look. I got mine without subscription and I'm awfully short-sighted, which means I can't see a thing when I wear them, but, and maybe it's the placebo effect of wearing such a well-known label, but I do feel these designer sunglasses have substantially boosted my je ne sais quoi factor.

Grade: A

For more of my fashion reviews, click here. If you would like for me to review your clothes/accessories, drop me an email at lemon_and_lime7@hotmail.com.

No comments: