Monday, July 02, 2012

Three beauty reviews: NIGHT CREAM, BRIGHT HERE BRIGHT NOW ENERGY BALM and 6-in-1 SUPERBOOST MOISTURE LOTION (Soap & Glory)

I’m usually a stickler for routine in the skincare stakes, and live by Nivea soft moisturiser, which has served me loyally since I was about thirteen and as a result I have never once had so much as a blackhead. It is a simple, inexpensive skincare product that does everything that it says on the tin. 

However, now that I am ever so slightly older than thirteen and have the niggling issue of wrinkles to worry about, I needed to find a skincare product that not only did everything Nivea soft did, but worked hard to fight those signs of aging. And that’s where Soap & Glory, of which I already own their lipgloss (Sexy Mother Pucker – it’s my favourite lipgloss that I own) products came in.

I bought three products, one for the night time (Night Cream), and two for the day – the 6-in-1 cream as well as the Instant Radiance Energy Balm. I keep the latter in my handbag as it’s more travel friendly, and use the former every morning after I’ve washed my face.



The Night cream has worked a treat; each morning when I wake up my skin feels smooth and nourished. I require less of it to cover my face than I did of the Nivea soft moisturiser due to the thickness of the cream, meaning that, whilst the container seems quite small, it has a very long life length (I bought the product back in April and am less than a quarter of the way through it now.) 

Indeed, used sparingly is the most effective way of applying the Night cream moisturiser as it is so good it doesn’t require massive dollops to work its magic.

The two moisturisers for the day are slightly more watery in consistency, and markedly less effective than the night cream. Due to the more liquidy texture, they feel like they're not achieving anything on application. The 6-in-1 cream in particular has a has a close to nil effect on my skin, certainly nothing positive.

So a mixed bag, the night cream was a treat but the other two not only smelt poor but didn't fulfil their roles as a moisturiser.

For more of my skincare reviews, click here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

Anna I wanna know what you wrote before you deleted it! Troll.

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the moѕt impоrtant info for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers
Here is my site ... 1 month loan

Anonymous said...

Attraсtive рortion of сontent.
ӏ just stumbled upоn уour ѕite and іn accession capitаl to сlaim that Ι acquiгe aсtuаlly lovеd account your blog posts.
Any wау Ι'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I fulfillment you access persistently rapidly.
Here is my weblog : loans for bad credit

Anonymous said...

Heу vеry interesting blog!

Fеel free to surf to my blog best payday loans

Anonymous said...

Highly descriptive blοg, Ӏ liked that a lot.

Wіll there be a part 2?

Fеel freе to viѕіt my web-ѕite; instant cash