Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Alcohol review: The King of Soho Copacetic Vodka and Variorum Gin

As I said in my previous blog post, I’ve really been leaning into playing host of late, and an integral component of that is ensuring my guests have a drink in their hand at all times. If the drink is made from an exotic spirit, such as those from The King Soho, even better!


I was provided with a full bottle of The King Soho Copacetic Vodka and a sample bottle of The King Soho Variorum Gin

With the gin sampler, I made two passion fruit, lemon and gin Collins. The King Soho Variorum Gin contains a secret ingredient of strawberry, and that complements the citrus of the lemon in the cocktail wonderfully. With the passion fruit and lemon mixers, as well as the strawberry and citrus inherent in the gin, this makes for a refreshing drink that really perks you up.




After I finished with the gin, I moved onto vodka cocktails! In keeping with the refreshing theme, I made Cosmopolitans. Here they are alongside the striking, elegant King of Soho bottles:


The King of Soho’s vodka is so called because it is made using copacetic English wheat, and in its distillation, there’s a pleasant undercurrent of crumpet, lemon zest and black pepper, which definitely makes it more like a dessert than your usual vodka! It’s a versatile ingredient that can be used for Martini-style cocktails, or with a mixer in a tumbler, and in my hosting, I tried it with both.

Given the richness of flavours, I used The King of Soho’s vodka to make one of the most dessert-like cocktails: the White Russian



As you can see from the photos, I added more cream than the ingredients usually call for, but this worked well with the buttery smoothness of the vodka, and it made for a delicious, boozy sweet!

Another cocktail I made with The King of Soho’s vodka was a classic Screwdriver


This was very straightforward to make – vodka and orange juice. The orange-ness of the mixer brings out the apple taste in the vodka, to give the drink a pleasingly fruit salad-like quality.

Overall, I had a lot of fun playing Tom Cruise in Cocktail with these two ingredients. So, if you’re feeling a bit bougie and want an unusual and yummy spirit, try The King of Soho’s vodka and gin!

For more of my product reviews, click here.

No comments: