Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Cosplay for Hallowe'en: SQUID GAME with a touch of MIDSOMMAR

For Hallowe'en this year, I dressed up as 456 from Squid Game. Like most people, I was obsessed with the show when Netflix dropped it last year. However, I got on the bandwagon a little too late for Hallowe'en 2021, with most of the items of my cosplay, arriving after last Hallowe'en.

Thus, this year was the perfect opportunity for my 'make-up cosplay', and I did it in style, at the Ballie Ballerson, a place in Shoreditch with two colourful indoor ballpits!

it's me, hi, i'm the problem, it's me!

As far as cosplays go, my outfit was fairly low maintenance. I just ordered the T-shirt, tracksuit top and bottoms off the internet, et viola!




The flashing flower crown wasn't originally intended to be part of the ensemble; Ballie Ballerson gave those out to us. But as you know, I'm partial to a flower crown, in no small part to Florence Pugh making them iconic in Midsommar (I hate the film, but like the aesthetic).



Something else that you may have discerned that I'm partial to from my make-up reviews, is copious amounts of eye make-up. This is largely due to the influence of Euphoria, a show that is very much style-over-substance, but the gorgeous and layered eye make-up on the show, is one of its main draws.


My attempt at such complex eyeshadow designs are far less successful, usually resulting in me just slathering too much MAC dazzle-shadow on indiscriminately. The end product? A creepy, slightly quirky Hallowe'en outfit, somewhat lacking in fidelity to Midsommar and Euphoria, but definitely very me.

And let's face it, ballpits are key for unleashing your inner child!



No comments: