Monday, August 27, 2007

My favourite actors ever.

Don't believe anything I say, or you shall die.

This post is in participation with Piper’s Bizarro blogathon at Lazy Eye Theatre. If you believe any of what I am about to write, then, well, you haven’t been reading this blog often enough. I’m not serious, OK?!?!?

I really admire Sylvester Stallone as an actor. Rocky Balboa was one of the best film characters I’ve ever had the pleasure of having witnessed, and I’m delighted that he continued to make twelve others. Each sequel is as good as the last. Rocky rocks!

So, Hilary Duff. She’s like, so perfect. She can sing, dance, but best of all, her acting! I really don’t know which of her performances I like the most, for she was incredible in Cheaper by the Dozen and A Cinderella Story. But I gotta say, it’s Lizzie McGuire that was her deepest, most profound performance. Her honest, convincing portrayal of everyday girl Lizzie was like, so utterly inspiring! I want to go to Rome and become a singer like she did! Anyway, Hilary totally rocks.

An actress I like even more than “Hil” is the British Goddess that is Emma Watson. Honest to God, I can’t think of a better girl to play Hermione. As Hermione, she’s not at all annoying, and she is obviously so much better than Rupert Grint! People who say she merely acts with her eyebrows don’t know a damn thing about acting, she’s the Lee Strasberg of the 21st century, I tell ya!
… But I would turn down a friendship with Emma, point blank, if it meant I could meet my all-time idol, Scarlett Johansson. Honestly, could you get any more beautiful and talented than that girl? Her face never looks contorted, and her pouting is so beautiful. And her BAFTA win for Lost in Translation was immensely deserved, nobody does sitting around and looking cool than Miss Johansson! Oh, and that shag-in-the-lift episode with Benicio del Toro just shows how utterly classy she is; she’s such a Goddess!


Wow, I'd been in quite a bad mood today, but that really cheered me up! I suggest you lot all participate in this blogathon and make hate love and love hate. Go on!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice one, even if i quite like sly stallone. hate the other three though

Anonymous said...

When you wanna go out sexy?

J.D. said...

Your statements about Watson and Johansson are basically my own. And this is non-Bizarro J.D. :P

Anonymous said...

for some reason I've got your version of Rocky Raccoon stuck in my head - "he played for Holland and Chrlsea"

oh and Stallone is the best, Scarlett is ok and Duff and Watson are shit

RC said...

how funny...it's funny becaues your bizarro post is inline with the taste of some of your readers.

you and jd should fist fight to see if watson is great in real life or only in bizarro life.

Emma said...

Martin, yes! That's my favourite line as well! I just love how I rhymed "fancy" with "Chelsea."

Though it doesn't work any more, seeing as he's not a blue... :(

M said...

OMG at last someone who loves Ema Watson every bit as much as I do! What can't she do, am I right? (/sarcasm)

PIPER said...

These are some strong feelings. I have to say that I was a fan of Scarlett Johansson's until Match Point. Woody Allen killed her for me. That was all it took.

And I didn't know that so much anger could be drummed up against Emma Watson. But you probably hear about her a lot more in London. And come to think of it, she does do a lot of acting with her eyebrows.