Saturday, October 20, 2012

Product Review: Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours Quickydry nail varnish

I’ve developed a bit of a re-birth in my love for bright red nail polish. This is due to two things – my adoration for Vladimir Nabakov’s Lolita, which is not only my favourite novel but I consider it a useful lifestyle guide in how to wrap men round one’s finger (#trollface), as well as having recently watched On the Road, a film I wasn’t totally enamoured with, but I noticed Kristen Stewart’s character wearing bright red nail varnish, and even though it was heavily chipped, just the fact that Kristen Stewart was wearing it automatically made it a fabulous colour. So, taking on some fashion tips from two of the sultriest ladies around, one fictional and one real, I chased some red of my own.


The brand I acquired was Miss Sporty, and it was a very affordable £1.99 (even better, in fact, I brought a £2.99 lipgloss from Miss Sporty and it all came to £3 in a nice Superdrug offer). The fact that it’s so cheap is partially represented in the smaller quantity – usually you get about 10ml of nail varnish for your money, and this little bottle contains only 7ml. However, this suits me perfectly, because in all honesty, I have never finished a full 10ml bottle of nail polish, and by the time you get to the bottom half of it, all of the varnish has congealed and it’s nowhere near as effective as when you first got it. So with things like nail polish, I really don’t think it hurts to buy in small quantities.

The colour is gorgeous – a very vivid shade of red that would look a bit too bright were I to wear it as a lipstick, but on the nails, it looks wonderful. Application was easy and true to the name of the product, it did indeed dry very quickly without leaving too much of a varnishy smell. Overall, I have no complaints with the product, other than one which is quite general with nail varnishes – that it could stand to have stayed on a little longer.

Grade: A-


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I
ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no
back up. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?
Check out my web-site - buy tao of bad ass