Sunday, December 27, 2009

When it gets tough, gotta fight some more.

The Emperor's New Groove (Mark Dindal, 2000)
Photobucket
Sheer, unadulterated, joy. Funny old-school Disney stuff with wit sharp as you like and a protagonist that I loathed at the beginning but came to really like once he was transformed into an ass. The voice work is absolutely brilliant (John Goodman does the honest good guy so well and Eartha Kitt is a riot as the baddie), and the screenplay plays with fairytale conventions so well. Love.

Where the Wild Things Are (Spike Jonze, 2009)
Photobucket
Oh dear. Dearie dearie me. I wanted to like this. Really I did. I was so sure I would as well - the trailer took my breath away and I'm a big fan of the source material so I was sure it was gonna be winner winner, chicken dinner. ... Not so much. The ferocious/unstable nature of Max downright disturbed me and whilst the cinematography was beautiful and the monsters beautifully crafted, the majority of the film left me feeling bored and disinterested. Sorry! Catherine Keener was OK though!

The Incredibles (Brad Bird, 2004)
Watched The Incredibles on Christmas Day with the family is absolute heaven. There's a little bit for everyone here, from the quick humour, the visual fireworks, the loveable characters (Mr. Incredible's desire to be, well, incredible in a mundane world = me me me!) and the action. Pixar is and always will be, King.

7 comments:

Reviewer said...

I love The Emporers New Groove. It's a great film. Voices are done brilliantly well. I actually purchased on DVD many years ago.

http://ultimatereviews.co.uk/

eda said...

潤滑液內衣性感內衣自慰器充氣娃娃AV情趣衣蝶
按摩棒電動按摩棒飛機杯自慰套自慰套情趣內衣

G點性感丁字褲吊帶襪丁字褲無線跳蛋性感睡衣

角色扮演跳蛋情趣跳蛋煙火批發煙火情趣用品SM

Anonymous said...

I watched a Cheryl Cole sex tape last week. It was good.

Home Security said...

I just got out of bed and I am already reading your articles. This means something! Really useful information. Thanks!

Home Security
I just got out of bed and I am already reading your articles. This means something! Really useful information. Thanks!

Home Security
I just got out of bed and I am already reading your articles. This means something! Really useful information. Thanks!

Home Security
I just got out of bed and I am already reading your articles. This means something! Really useful information. Thanks!

Home Security
I just got out of bed and I am already reading your articles. This means something! Really useful information. Thanks!

Home Security

California Criminal Defense Atttorney said...

It was really nice presentation, i definitely share this views to my close friends keeps up the good work going.

Chain Link System said...

I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.

WIFI327 Scan Tool said...

Product Details. x431.pdf. X431 auto scan tool is a new generation of product developed by Launch Tech. 100Z