My beloved bessie Anna, has seen it all from me. Knobbish behaviour, bitchiness to the extreme, depressed!Emmabung... you name it, the poor girl has been there with me. I love her more than life itself, which makes it rather fail that I don't know all her favourite songs and films off by heart. Thus, I got her to list 'em, and I thought I'd give every one a review. Starting with the songs: -
01. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones - it's OK
02. Too Young - Phoenix - I bloody LOVE this song. Pity it was played in Lost in Translation, but such is the strength of the song that I'm willing to overlook it!
03. Don't Speak - No Doubt - Gwen Stefani's vocals are amazing.
04. Marlena Shaw - California Soul - BRILLIANT song. I actually didn't know this was what the song was called, I just knew I've heard it lots of times and appreciate it a lot.
05. All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix - s'ok
06. Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers - there are some great lyrics in this song.
07. Deepest Blue - Deepest Blue - don't see what all the fuss is about
08. No-one Knows - Queens of the Stone Age - sexy chorus, everything else meh
09. Go with the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age - I just don't see the Queens of the Stone Age jizzing, I guess
10. Ordinary World - Duran Duran - an absolutely stunningly deep song
11. Spells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana - inventive title, not much else rocks me
12. We Belong Together - Mariah Carey - not my favourite Mariah song (that's Fantasy), but definitely up there. Excellent singing and tune.
13. Heart-Shaped Box - Nirvana - affecting, but depressing
14. Let's Stay Together - Al Green - lovely song, one of the best love songs ever written.
15. The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen - the instrumental part in this song is pure sex
16. Skeleton Boy - Friendly Fires - surprisingly catchy!
17. Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns and Roses - "oh-oh-oh sweet child of mine"! Great one for dancing to.
18. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane - there is some absolutely class guitar playing in this song. The vocals aren't bad either.
19. A Horse with No Name - America - hehee, I got this song with one of those "Rock legends" CDs I got for free with Saturday papers. OK song.
20. Sunshine of your Love - Cream - the riff is catchy but the rest sounds raggady and crappy to me
All in all, there are some class selections on here, but I'm a music idiot and love me my Rihannas and Kanyes. So yeah. <3 Anna, though. x