Friday, June 12, 2009

Things to do in China with very limited internet access (and no access to my laptop, blogger or a DVD player)...

01. Listen to every single song on my iPod (I intend on having a massive uploading sesh this weekend and filling the 80 Gb to the brim with music and every episode of Sex and the City) and rate them out of ten.

02. Learn the lyrics in full to every single Kanye West song, for he is my messiah.

03. Write a book to read in a year's time and laugh at.

04. Write a film script to read in a year's time and laugh at.

05. The odd bit of sightseeing, I s'pose.

Right, what I might do is make one of my mates a contributor to this blog so I'll e-mail her my blog entries (that is, assuming China haven't banned hotmail too), and she can upload the entries for me. I hope Facebook works, 'cos I'll be uploading a tonne of photos. And... yeah. Three weeks in China, starting from next Wednesday. I'd be lying if I said I were excited.

11 comments:

anahita said...

you know what you should do emma?! you should actually adapt a book into a film script. or something. that'd be really cool, to like compare the two.

am so glad you're writing again!! xx

Emma said...

Oh that's a great idea! Any suggestions for books you'd like adapting?

Ashley said...

You can update your blog via email... Basically you set up an email and you just email your blogs onto the website :P
It's on your dashboard. the email button.
x

Nigel said...

Have you ever read "Gilead" by Marilynne Robinson? I think that'd be such a sweet film, if done right.

Emma said...

@ Ashley: I'm a bit slow... where's the button? :S Because if I could do that, then I'm sorted!

@ Nigel: Nope! I'll have a look for it in the library tomorrow.

Ashley said...

Your dashboard. It's to the left of your blog title. Should be a greyed out envelope. x

Emma said...

Oh I see! I was looking for the words "e-mail", haha. OK, thanks so much Ashley, that sorts out my blogging needs! x

anahita said...

I think it'd be interesting to have an adaptation of harry potter done right. if not...ummm...adapt a kinsella book!! can you keep a secret would be a good one!! xx

Phate said...

lol at number 2

Emma said...

Oi! Kanye rules! Didja see my new vid on Facebook?

Kayleigh said...

Things Emma can do while in China:

* Write a screenplay/adapt a story for screenplay (I recommend reading some Neil Gaiman - American Gods, Good Omens, Anansi Boys, Neverwhere, maybe some of his comics).
* Adapt some of your favourite songs for the guitar, Julia Nunes style.
* Teach yourself to do something you've always wanted to do.
* Do an American Splendour/Persepolis style adaptation of your own life (teach yourself to draw as part of this!)
* Try and create a short story that has potential to e a cult classic - i.e. make it as weird as possible.