Sunday, January 11, 2009

Golden Globe Predictions.

Photobucket

Best Motion Picture - DramaSlumdog Millionaire

There's been so much hype about this movie and my anticipation for it is sky high. As soon as the exams are over, Luke and I are going into town to watch it. :)

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Photobucket
Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Happy-Go-Lucky was by far my favourite, but I think the Woody element will clinch it for VCB. I really like four out of the five films in this category; Burn After Reading was bollocks though, and I'd have much rather seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall in there instead.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - DramaMickey Rourke for The Wrestler

Oooh, hard to predict.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - DramaAnne Hathaway for Rachel Getting Married
Photobucket
I would love it if Anne Hathaway won this. I haven't see Rachel Getting Married yet, but there's something about her that tells me I'll love the performance. Furthermore, the whole debacle with the asterix next to her name on the golden globe website must have raised the poor girls' hopes; I wanna see her take it.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or ComedyColin Farrell for In Bruges

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or ComedySally Hawkins for Happy-Go-Lucky

C'mon Sally!

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion PictureHeath Ledger for The Dark Knight

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion PicturePenélope Cruz for Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Best Director - Motion PictureDavid Fincher for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Best Screenplay - Motion PictureSlumdog Millionaire: Simon Beaufoy

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
The Wrestler ("The Wrestler")

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button : Alexandre Desplat

I have the entire Curious Case of Benjamin Button score and Mr. Desplat has done it again.

Best Animated Film
WALL·E
Photobucket

Yeah you do!

Basically, ahh i'm shit ahh, I've literally just picked films out at general. I'm not very eloquent at the moment. But it shall be interesting to see how many, if any, that Emmabung gets right. :) More importantly, here's to hoping I get a couple of exam questions right!

6 comments:

anahita said...

GOOD LUCK ON THE EXAMS!! I'm sure you'll do fine. anyway...I hope leo gets actor, kate gets supporting actress and anybody else gets director (I'm being quite bitchy to ccobb, the direction wasn't that bad. except it was...) And I agree, I haven't seen rachel getting married either, but to have anne get it would really show how much she's come on as an actress xxxxx

Catherine said...

I will be extremely disgusted if Slumdog Millionaire takes BP. I absolutely despised it.

Agreed on Anne Hathaway on all accounts (not having seen RGM/rooting for anyway/she must half think she's got it in the bag due to that website malfunction) though.

Good luck on your exams! You'll fly through them. I had my first one yesterday (Chinua Achebe saved my ass, hahah) and I've so much to revise for the next one on Thursday, so I feel your pain!

Luke said...

9/13 isn't half bad! It seems you (and I) underestimated Slumdog Millionaire and the double whammy of Kate Winslet. She may not be your chosen winners but... Go Brits!

anahita said...

exams? how did they go??? xxxx

Emma said...

LOL, they went SHIT. And the worst thing is, I can't wallow in self-pity until the other three are over! Blegh!

Emma said...

And Catherine, I really need to see Slumdog Millionaire! I predict I'll really enjoy it though. What did you hate about it?