Thursday, December 18, 2008

Screen Actor Guild Nominations

BEST ENSEMBLE CAST IN A MOTION PICTURE
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Doubt
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Slumdog Millionaire

How I did: 2/5 + bench = 50%

BEST FEMALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Anne Hathaway, Rachel Getting Married
Angelina Jolie, Changeling
Melissa Leo, Frozen River
Meryl Streep, Doubt
Kate Winslet, Revolutionary Road

How I did: 4/5 + bench = 90%

BEST MALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Richard Jenkins, The Visitor
Frank Langella, Frost/Nixon
Sean Penn, Milk
Brad Pitt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler

How I did: 3/5 + 2 on the bench: 80%

BEST FEMALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Amy Adams, Doubt
Penelope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Viola Davis, Doubt
Taraji P. Henson, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Kate Winslet, The Reader

How I did: 4/5 + bench = 90%

BEST MALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Josh Brolin, Milk
Robert Downey, Jr., Tropic Thunder
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Doubt
Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Dev Patel, Slumdog Millionaire

How I did: 3/5 + 1 on bench = 70%

Well, my predictions were all quite OK (save for Best Ensemble, where I bombed, badly), but I’m mightily disappointed by the omission of Leonardo DiCaprio. Granted, I haven’t actually seen Revolutionary Road, but… guh, it’s Leo, damnit! Also, I genuinely did feel James Franco deserved a nomination for Milk, though it’s good to see Josh Brolin up there for the same movie. And yay for Amy Adams!

Also... does this mean that Slumdog Millionaire is the frontrunner for Best picture now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angelina Jolie over Sally Hawkins is just stupid.