Sunday, November 16, 2008

Photobucket


01. What do you consider to be the most dramatic piece of film music?
02. What is your favourite day of the week and why?
03. Which languages can you speak and which are you studying?
04. How productive has your weekend been so far?
05. What’s your favourite film about New York?

And my answers –
01. Probably “Lux Aeterna”, the overriding theme from Requiem for a Dream composed by Clint Mansell. Every time I hear it in popular culture, I get really chuffed, because it’s just such a rousing tune. And I hum it so much, my flatmates are already sick of it. Oh well! Anyway, you’ll definitely have heard it before – it was played in the to LOTR II, Sunshine and The Da Vinci Code, not to mention frequently used as background music in Britain’s Got Talent, Sky Sports News & Top Gear.
02. Wednesdays are good because I only have two lectures. And Saturday and Sunday, because they’re my “stay in house and laze about with mates” day.
03. I’m fluent in English and Mandarin, I studied Spanish for AS (though I’ve forgotten a good deal of it), and am taking German classes in Uni.
04. Not that much, to be honest. I was meant to do all my problem sheets, get coursework done and have tidied my room, but instead, it’s been spent in friend’s rooms, whining about bitching about boys.
05. The Apartment, closely followed by Manhattan. They Might Be Giants and Sweet Smell of Success are both up there.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

1. Probably that leitmotif from The Piano. Intense piano playing was always my thing, but that particular piece just gets me. Gah.
2. At the moment I'm enjoying Mondays because I've got a late start, only two lectures and an evening full of quiz shows and America's Next Top Model to unwind with. Although Saturdays are pretty good too.
3. Not studying any at the moment. Fluent in English. Reasonably conversational in French and Irish, although I haven't practiced in months.
4. Fairly. I've got some work done, cleaned my room, helped my mam out with some housework, etc. Still need to finish my English assignment and get started on my History essay.
5. Jeez, New York is everywhere I look these days! I'm incredibly obsessed with the city - but I've never been. Anyway, my answer is Hannah and Her Sisters

anahita said...

1. I agree - the theme from Rquiem for a dream. Some of the stuff from lotr was really dramatic too, especially the "baddies" themes - minas mor

2. ummm...fridays and saturdays.

3. farsi and english fluently...am studying french and german.

4. watched almost the entire second season of friends, went to a murder mystery party and got ill *gazes vaguely in direction of maths books*

5. ummm...two hours of friends back to back? no films really stand out to me as being set in new york.

the misomaniac said...

1. maybe one of the LOTR themes...
2. wednesdays=13 hours at school=less time at home
3. english, french, some italian, mandarin, teaching self swedish [so that counts as 1/4]
4. threw a birthday party, watched quantum of solace, played isaac asimov's super quiz until 5 am. very productive indeed.
5. the godfather I/II. american psycho. taxi driver. citizen kane. annie hall.

i wouldve thought emma you would have gone for an audrey hepburn film? haha

Just a girl said...

01. What do you consider to be the most dramatic piece of film music?
Theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

02. What is your favourite day of the week and why?
Friday. It's the end of the week, and the promise of the weekend lies ahead... =)

03. Which languages can you speak and which are you studying?
I can speak Spanish, sort of, but I gave it up mid-semester. Don't really regret it though.

04. How productive has your weekend been so far?
Saturday I did nothing, but Sunday I actually got some work done. Studying for my exam.

05. What’s your favourite film about New York?
Um...Enchanted? Ha ha. Nothing really comes to mind right now...

x
JAG

JaZzY said...

1. The 'mother' theme from Psycho - just always creeps me out.
2. Friday - the only day I get fully to myself with (usually) no work to do.
3. I did GCSE french and spanish
4. Breakfeast at Tiffanys

Anonymous said...

he did Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Tim Burton created Stainboy. It's about a slightly-super hero who makes his mark fighting crime. Featuring Burton's trademark odd humor and captivating visuals, Stainboy is something you have to see!