Sunday, August 24, 2008

You’ll be Sorry

(probably the most bitter thing I've ever penned. I was 14. You know.)

You whisper to your friends, you giggle with glee;
That’s just as well as words will always hurt me.

When I try to sit on the bus your friends block my way,
I try not to cry and look forward the holiday.

So next come the sticks and then in the stones,
Meeting my blood and my flesh and my bones.

Inside my locker I find all my things broken,
And you even take some of the wreck as a token.

You secretly sneak a blue liquid into my drink,
My doctor tells me I have consumed dirty ink.

When I’m playing rounders a ball finds its way to my head,
I have to spend the next week on a hospital bed.

When I try to do work, your face is always there,
Smiling the smug smile that I see in my nightmare.

I answer a question and I hear you swear about me,
But so does the teacher, isn’t that lucky?

She asks me what’s wrong, as usual I don’t say.
I’m feeling too worried, frightened and ashamed.

One day I decide that I’d had enough,
Nobody should be forced to live a life this tough.

So I build my own plans and make a few calls,
I’ve hired a hit man by the name of Paul.

On the last day before school ends,
For the first time ever, I find myself happy.
It’s twisted to know that this is because someone is going to
Lose a life, but there you go.

When you’re bathing in Spain, he strangles your screams.
Have a nice time dying.
Now that is my definition of being redeemed.

EL-OH-FUCKING-EL. LOL!

5 comments:

Besty said...

Were you bullied when you were 14 Emz?

Emma said...

You know what, Martin? I wasn't. There were a group of jamesblunts that were really horrible to me, and back then, I would have called it bullying, but, in retrospect, I think they were just being themselves.

So I was kind of bitter at them when I wrote those, but I was never as frustrated as the narrator of this poem! :D

Anonymous said...

lol, psycho

Anonymous said...

lol, psycho

monkey said...

"When you’re bathing in Spain, he strangles your screams.
Have a nice time dying.
Now that is my definition of being redeemed."

this disturbs me. a lot.