Saturday, June 28, 2008

Songs that I’m currently listening to the most.

Not my favourite songs, but just songs that I’ve been listening to more than any other so far this Summer.

Photobucket

- Born to Be Wild (Steppenwolf)
- Come So Far (Hairspray soundtrack)
- Dance of the Knights (Sergei Prokofiev)
- Defying Gravity (Wicked soundtrack)
- Don’t Get Caught (The Zutons)
- Everybody’s Changing (Keane)
- Fascination (Alphabeat)
- Georges Street/The Tartar Frigate (Rodrigo y Gabriela)
- Gunpowder & Lead (Melissa Lambert)
- Hell Around the Corner (Tricky)
- Homecoming (Kanye West ft. Chris Martin)
- Seasons of Love (Rent soundtrack)
- Shipbuilding (Elvis Costello & The Attractions)
- Singing in the Rain remix (Mint Royale ft Gene Kelly)
- Spiegel im Spiegel (Arvo Pärt)
- Superstar (Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack)

There’s quite a strong musical influence in here, and that’s mainly thanks to the BBC show I'll Do Anything, where the women competing for the part of Nancy performed a different song every week, many from musicals. I’ve never been to the musical of Wicked nor seen Jesus Christ Superstar, but I really want to now, and Defying Gravity and Jesus Christ Superstar were both songs that were performed on the show that piqued my interest in the song.

Singing in the Rain is on there for the “Britain’s got Talent” factor, and also because, like Umbrella, it’s a Summer number. 1 even though it’s about rain, which I always find funny. In the same way, Dance of the Knights is on there for the “The Appentice” factor.

Come So Far was played at my school’s leaver’s assembly, and I’ve loved it ever since. Like Hairspray, it’s jolly, entertaining and top-tapping good fun.

Spiegel im Spiegel is Daniel Radcliffe’s favourite piece of classical music, but we won’t hold that against it because the slow violin and piano accompaniment is so relaxing, it must help the soul just to listen to it.

Out of all of these, Georges Street/The Tartar Frigate is probably my favourite piece. It’s one of the best pieces of guitar playing I’ve ever heard, with a hyperactive gypsy violin thrown in for good measure. Wonderful.

And out of these, the song that I’m most obsessed with is Homecoming by Kanye West. This songs makes me nostalgic, and I don’t even know what for. Homecoming is so catchy and no matter what I always sing along; pure poetry. Probably my favourite Kanye West song.

5 comments:

Kayleigh said...

I've been listening to any film soundtrack I can get my hands on on YouTube. They're perfect to relax too. I am also obsessed with Viva La Vida, Coldplay's best work yet IMO. At my prom last night the band played a terrible version of I Only Wanna Be With You so that's in my head too.

Anonymous said...

I love Wicked, Emma! I bought the fleece for me and all my friends after I saw it. "Defying Gravity" is brilliant! I love "What is this Feeling", "The Wizard and I" and "As Long As You're Mine" too.

Got any good songs for curing shock? (Doctor Who, omg)

Unknown said...

- Everybody’s Changing (Keane)
- Fascination (Alphabeat)

only 2 for

love alphabeat!

Anonymous said...

I recommend Memory from Cats for you Emma!

Anonymous said...

The Christmas travel plans of thousands of are in disarray after snow left Heathrow Airport all but shut. Thousands have been forced to sleep overnight in airports and there is disruption to road and rail travel with the Met Office warning of more snow ...