Friday, March 07, 2008

A Dinner Date with Rose Byrne.

Nathaniel over at the brilliant Film Experience tagged me in this interesting little meme earlier this week, but I’d been rather busy all week with mocks. I can do it now though!

1. Pick a single person past or present who works in the film industry who you'd like to have dinner with and tell us why you chose this person.
Ordinarily, I’d say either Marlon Brando, Audrey Hepburn, Alfred Hitchcock or Tim Robbins, but today I feel like someone different: Rose Byrne.

I’ve picked Rose Byrne because of, well, Damages. Along with University Challenge, it’s my highlight of Sunday night, and whilst the show clearly belongs to Glenn Close, watching it has made me realised just what a good and underrated and likeable an actress Miss Byrne is. Despite being 28 years of age and landing her first acting role when she was 12, she’s actually surprisingly unknown. I think she’s a terrific, if understated actress, and she’s appeared in some big-name movies like Star Wars and Troy, along with a good number of indie films, with one of the most photogenic faces I’ve ever seen; I’m really surprised that more hasn’t been made of this woman.

Plus, she just seems cool and up for a laugh.

2. Set the table for your dinner. What would you eat? Would it be in a home or at a restaurant? And what would you wear? Feel free to elaborate on the details.
Following Damages, I can’t imagine Byrne in anything other than a pencil skirt and smart blouse. I would probably make an effort and raise the bar from my usual hoody and go for a blouse and a pair of black trousers. I’d also make an effort in the cuisine; spag bol it is then. But I'd have classy classical music in the background. A bit of Grieg, methinks. [He's actually Romantic, but whatever.] Or whatever music she's into. I hear she likes Missy Higgins, Sarah Blasko and Cat Power.
And if we were to go to a restaurant, I'd pick Zizzi's (the only good restaurant in South East London?)

3. List five thoughtful questions you would ask this person during dinner.
Hmm.
01. You’ve got a starring role in the 2008 release The Tender Hook, playing a woman torn between her conman lover and an honest young boxer. What was it like to step out from the shadows and be in the limelight? And is the film actually any good?
02. You worked with Cillian Murphy on Sunshine and were you able to concentrate with such loveliness right in front of you? [I would ask the same thing about Tate Donavon, but I’ve been told that that’s not something I want to shout about.]
03. When it comes to ruthlessness and integrity in the movie biz, does it pay to be more of an Ellen or a Patty?
04. You and your I Capture the Castle co-star Romola Garai are both two of my favourite working actresses, yet neither of you two are household names. Does the fact that Scarlett Johansson and Emma Watson are, when lovelies like you two aren’t, mean that Hollywood is beyond redemption?
05. Beside acting, what other aspects of filmmaking would you be interested in entering?

4. When all is said and done, select six bloggers to pass this Meme along to. Link back to Lazy Eye Theatre, so that people know the mastermind behind this Meme.
I can't think of six but I'm calling on all my teenage girl blog buddies! Just a Girl, Kayleigh, Catherine and Anahita, get writing!

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Thank you for the tag, I've just started writing my entry. I haven't been watching Damages; I caught the first episode and LOVED it, but missed the second week and then found it too hard to keep up. Pity.

How'd your mocks go? I've just starte d getting the results of mine.

Banana Raccoon said...

Damages is one of those shows. A bit like Lost, in that sense. The flashbacks have started becoming more integral to the plot; we're just 6 weeks earlier now!

The mocks were… “eh”. Because we had an entire week devoted to them, and just a week, it felt really concentrated, and as one of my mates said “I’ve never had so many bad exams in a short space of time.” I sort of know how badly I did, but I’m telling myself I’ve still got three months. :D

How have you done? Excellently? OKish?

Catherine said...

I've done alright so far. Mostly As, couple Bs and I've still to get Maths back...hahah.

A week? Wow. Mine lasted nearly two weeks, which was really dragged out and long.

in between thoughts said...

Rose Byrne is amazing and highly underrated - people don't know what they're missing! this is a great post on one of my favorite actresses. thanks for making me smile today!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks for the tag, I am on it! I hope I can find 6 people to link it to.

anahita said...

aww, she is lovely. And now I'm desperately thinking of who I'd like to have dinner with. Hmmmmmmmmn...

Anonymous said...

What a Diva, i love her!
but she is actually only 28 year old ,not 38 ;)

Banana Raccoon said...

@ Anon:

*blushes* I should have not made that counting error. Whoops! Will definitely correct, thanks for telling me!

Besty said...

So, Emma, what is the point in giving us the link to your livejournal when it's friends-only and I don't have livejournal?

Tease.

Just a girl said...

Look forward to it! Thanks for the tag, very thought provoking...shall post my answers soon!

xo
Just a girl

Barry said...

She was fantastic in Wicker Park. She knocked her last scene, in particular, out of the park.

Anonymous said...

i love rose byrne she is great

ed said...

情趣用品,情趣,情色,成人,A片,自拍,情趣用品,情趣,色情,成人影片,色情影片,免費A片,情趣用品,情趣,成人網站,A片下載,日本AV,做愛,情趣用品,情趣,美女交友,A片,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,情趣用品,情趣,色情聊天室,聊天室,AV,成人電影,A片,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣,情趣

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

情趣用品,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,日本AV,寄情築園小遊戲,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,色情遊戲,一葉情貼圖片區,色情網站,色情影片,微風成人, 嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人影片,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,080視訊聊天室,視訊聊天室

情趣用品,A片,aio,av,av女優,a漫,免費a片,aio交友愛情館,a片免費看,a片下載,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人小說,成人電影

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,H漫,A片,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,SEX,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區