Thursday, January 17, 2008

Your hat strategically dipped below one eye. Your scarf it was apricot

Clothes are pretty. The Costume Guild nominations, guesses for win underlined:

Best contemporary costumes:
"Blades of Glory" (Julie Weiss)
"The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" (Olivier Beriot)
"Into the Wild" (Mary Claire Hannan)
"Juno" (Monique Prudhomme)
"Ocean's Thirteen" (Louise Frogley).

Best period costumes:
"Atonement" (Jacqueline Durran)
"Elizabeth: The Golden Age" (Alexandra Byrne)
"La Vie en Rose" (Marit Allen - posthumous)
"Sweeney Todd" (Colleen Atwood)
"3:10 to Yuma" (Arianne Phillips).

Best fantasy costumes:
"Enchanted" (Mona May)
"The Golden Compass" (Ruth Myers)
"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (Jany Temime)
"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End" (Penny Rose)
"300" (Michael Wilkinson)

shout, shout, let it all out
January is a thoroughly miserable month. I, like most of the UK, am quite irritated and grumpy (workload, hatred of the girls in my school, and general "what's the point" ennui). I hope things picks up soon.

Life is worth living though. I suppose. Better just remind myself of that:-
Cute anime.

Cute anime.




wo ai ni.

movies are life. harry potter is life. cartoons are life. starbucks is life.

12 comments:

Kayleigh said...

I thought to myself "I need to cheer up." So what song did I put on? Gloomy Sunday bu Billie Holiday a.k.a. the Hungarian Suicide Song! I haven't quite got the hang of this me time hehe. But I did watch Laputa: Castle in the Sky with my sister earlier which was fun. Hope you get through everything Emma and good luck with school and such.

J.D. said...

Juno! I really, really loved Prudhomme's work.

Emma said...

I'm listening to Abba now whilst attempting to do the homework. Did not realise that Gimme Gimme Gimme had been sampled by Madonna!

The prospect of watching Juno and No Country for Old Men is all that's keeping me going at the moment tbh.

anahita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna-Maria said...

hi, emma!

i think i'll become a frequent reader of your blog as it's fun, very(!) informative (for me at least, i'm no movie buff as you know. :P) and looks pretty too.

january is always a lousy month. for some reason, i find it really hard to cope with the beginning of a new year. anyway, we've only got 4 months left of misery in school and then.. FREEDOM!

btw, you made me want to read all the potter books again (probably for about a 10th time. :P)

see you tomorrow!

anahita said...

aww...be haaappy!!! :) at least you've got an awesome blog which inspires the multitudes (welll...me)

I've put up the BAFTA nominations and my own preferences on my blog...tell me what you think.

And I love the Harry Potter picture. Where do you get all those "...is love" pics from?? xxx

The Traipsing Gypsy said...

January's a bad month for me too. I'm still a little unwell and have weird spots on my faceas a result of that. I've been a little grumpy of late too.

My weekend is spolit due to the fact I have two lectures on Saturday from 9-4. Only thing to keep me sane: music and Sudoku puzzles =)

Hope you have a good weekend, darling.

Anonymous said...

at least you're not vanessa hudgens!

Anonymous said...

at least you're not vanessa hudgens!

Anonymous said...

I saw The Diving Portuguese and his Stepovers the other day... that's enough to make anyone kill themselves!

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting site you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. BTW, why don't you change design :).