Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oh My.

Heath Ledger is dead.

Read here.


""He was found unconscious at the apartment and pronounced dead," a police
spokeswoman said.

Police are investigating whether the Australian actor, who earned an Oscar
nomination for 2005 film Brokeback Mountain, died of a drug overdose. "

Oh My. Oh My. Oh My. Oh My.

He was so, so good in Brokeback Mountain. What a waste of a magificent talent, in a death with shades of River's one.

I heard on Sky News that he "hadn't been the same after breaking up with Naomi Watts" but they were probably just stirring. They were trying to analyse reasons why he might have wanted to commit suicide, and namedropping Watts and Michelle Williams in a way that really pissed me off. I'm sure if I hadn't turned off the TV they would have gone on to blame Philip Seymour Hoffman for winning the Oscar in '06. Bloody Sky.

But... Poor Heath. :( Now his daughter is fatherless, and the movieworld are deprived of a man with massive potential.

R.I.P., good man.

:(

13 comments:

Naomi said...

I can't quite believe it... shit.

Besty said...

I can't believe it either, Emz.

After watching the footie in the pub, I'd gone straight home in a cold sweat and the first thing my sister said when I came in was "Heath Ledger is dead"

I thought she was joking... sadly not. :(

Emma said...

Yeah me too, I thought Sky was pulling some stunt when I heard it. I thought "Heath's not the sort to die of an OD"

Naomi said...

2007 was the year of director deaths, let's hope 2008 isn't the year of actor deaths.

J.D. said...

God, this is horrible. :(

Monkey said...

oh Emma, i feel awful for all those times i said he was good in BBM

Anonymous said...

And he never got the Oscar he deserved.

:'(

Ledger_Love said...

I'm so fucking ambivalent to everything now. Ledger's dead.

The Traipsing Gypsy said...

I loved him in Brokeback Mountain! Oh my God, this is horrible =(

Martín said...

It is extremely sad. The guy was just starting...

And the daughter...

I don't know what else to say.

R.I.P.

Just a girl said...

I know. I can't believe it. It's just like, s***, this shouldn't be happening.

I felt the same way when Steve Irwin died.

R.I.P

Just a girl

Anna-Maria said...

I'm just shocked! He really did not seem to be someone who'd OD and die. Such a loss..

WatchingStar said...

He's from the same city as me. I was inspired by him thinking how cool it was that a Perth guy could make it, that maybe I could make it too.

:(