Saturday, January 26, 2008

None of the Atonement gang were nominated, but I'm predicting anyway.

SAG & DGA predictions.

Ensemble: NCFOM
Actor: Day-Lewis
Actress: Christie
Supporting Actor: Affleck
Supporting Actress: Blanchett

Looking at last year's winners for the four acting awards, it mirrored Oscar 75% with Helen Mirren, Forest Whitaker and Jennifer Hudson. So this year, I'm also going for a 3/4 prediction on the four individual performances, with Day-Lewis, Christie and Blanchett winning the SAG and Oscar, and Affleck getting the SAG and Bardem the Oscar. (If anything, the double nominations for Supporting Actor SAG award for NCFOM may split the vote)
Funnily enough, only one of the films nominated for Ensemble actually got an Oscar nomination for Best Film. American Gangster was very meh, Hairspray was great fun, Into the Wild I've not seen but it did remain in contention for a long time up to the end, and 3:10 to Yuma was somewhat of a surprise. So I'm predicting for the strongest film of the five, No Country for Old Men, though what a party it would be if the Hairspray cast bagged it?!
As for Director Guild Award, I'm also predicting a No Country for Old Men win. Just because.

2 comments:

Kayleigh said...

I know it hasn't got a hope in hell of winning but I really hope that Hairspray gets Best Ensemble because Nikki Blonksy really needs more awards, she was fab as Tracy! But your predictions are pretty much what I'm thinking.

Anonymous said...

Right so far Emma!