Friday, January 11, 2008

Golden Globes Predictions.

Even though there isn’t a ceremony this year, there’s still the unbelievably glamorous prospect of a one-hour press release (ho hum), in which the winners will be announced. So, I might as well test my predicting powers:

Best Motion Picture - Drama
No Country for Old Men

Atonement led the pack in terms of nominations received, but recent lack of nominations in other categories has made me fear for its Oscar potential. No Country for Old Men seems to be the movie to back.

Best Actress – Drama
Julie Christie - Away From Her
Veteran actress in meaty role. Go Julie!

Best Actor - Drama
Daniel Lewis - There Will Be Blood

It was between him and Clooney.

Best Motion Picture - Musical Or Comedy
Juno

My guess for this was between Juno and Charlie Wilson’s War, though Hairspray could surprise us.

Best Actress - Musical or Comedy
Marion Cotillard - La Vie En Rose

I would love for Adams, Page or Blonsky to surprise me, but Cotillard will get it.

Best Actor - Musical Or Comedy
Johnny Depp - Sweeney Todd

Best Supporting Actor
Casey Affleck - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Best Supporting Actress
Amy Ryan - Gone Baby Gone

Best Director
Joel and Ethan Coen - No Country for Old Men

Best Screenplay
Diablo Cody - Juno

Best Foreign Language Film
The Kite Runner (United States)

Best Animated Feature Film
Ratatouille

Best Original Score
Atonement

Best Original Song
"That's How You Know" - Enchanted

2 comments:

anahita said...

has saoirse not got nominated for best supporting actress?

hmmn, considerable lack of atonement :( I'm rooting for it, mainly 'cos it's the only one I've seen! Isn't that awful? Don't get to go to the cinema much though (lack of funds) and I feel guilty 'bout downloading movies that don't show on tv. *shrug* I'll go by trailers hehe.

Anonymous said...

*SPOILERS*



I can't believe you didn't predict juggernaut Javier Bardem! But I probably shouldn't speak because I predicted Atonement wrong :)