Friday, January 04, 2008

5 Sexiest Film Characters of 2007.

(from films I've seen only, otherwisemy latest crush Michael Cera would be on for Juno as well, ditto Casey Affleck).
01. James McAvoy as "Robbie", Atonement
02. Michael Cera as "Evan", Superbad
03. Rupert Grint as "Ron Weasley", Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
04. Jamie Bell as "Hallam Foe", Hallam Foe
05. Shia Labeouf as "Kale Brecht", Disturbia

As for the women, Amy Adams absolutely lit up New York in Enchanted, Sophia Myles was stunning in Hallam Foe, Anne Hathaway had a lovely smile in Becoming Jane, Evan Rachel Wood was the perfect love interest in Across the Universe and... I grudgingly concede that Megan Fox was pretty babely in Transformers.

And if you're wondering where Miss Knightley is (for Atonement, Pirates III, Silk, or anything else she was in), I would like to point "Our Keira" to the direction of an ice cream parlour. Or pizzeria. Feck it, even a Macdonalds would do for her; she needs to get food down her throat, and soon. Her green dress in Atonement was beautiful; it had the potential to be an iconic item of costume were it not for the fact that the wearer didn't fit into it because her waist was non-existent. Anyway, here's something I found online that made me chuckle. It's not far off the mark, eh?

Also, I would just like to say that it's taken me until now to make the connection between Michael Cera and Arrested Development. Of course, he's the son!
I'm really developing a bit of a crush on the guy, he's so cute in a goofy way, which can be said for 9 tenths of the men I go for (Ron, Crouchie, The Office's Tim and Shia Labeouf to name a few) and he has this sort of awkward prescence that, perversely, I would find comforting. He's so sweet! Anyway, I loved him in Superbad, I'm dying to see Juno. The movie just keeps getting better and better in my eyes, what with its cast, the plot and all the rave reviews. However, I hope I don't hype it up in my mind too much only for it to do a "Lost in Translation" on me.

Anyway, that's me. Who would you pick as the 5 lovelies of 2007?

17 comments:

Catherine said...

With you on the Michael Cera love. I'm a hardcore Arrested Development nut, so I've liked him for years.

Kayleigh said...

My boyfriend is obsessed with Arrested Development, I bought him season 3 for his Xmas.
Right, my 2007 sexy list...in no order...

Jake Gyllenhaal - Robert Greysmith (Zodiac)
James Mcavoy - Robbie Turner (Atonement)
Joaquin Phoenix - bobby Green (We Own The Night)
Jim Sturgess - Jude (Across The Universe)
Casey Affleck - Robert Ford 9the Assassination of Jesse James)
Tom Felton - Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)

That's really hard to put together..I can't even think of any women except for Even Rachel Wood and Eva Mendes.

Emma said...

I didn't get to see a single Arrested Development season in its entirety cos the Beeb kept bloody changing the times it was on so I eventually gave up, but I always loved the interplay between father and son on the show.

How could I have wasted those opportunities to stare at Michael?

Emma said...

Oh, and digs to Jake goes without saying!

And is We Own the Night worth a look? The cast sure is impressive but I wasn't sure about the plot so I didn't catch it .

Kayleigh said...

It's a solid 3 star movie. Sure it isn't very original and, as Mark Kermode put it, it's a gangster movie where everyone says 'i love you' but I enjoyed it. The director put a lot of love and care into the direction (scene in point, the car chase) and the acting is superb, plus it has a great soundtrack. If you're not 100% sure about it, download it or wait for rental but it's better than Empire gave it credit for.

Anonymous said...

Your petty hatred of Keira Knightley seriously detracts from what could otherwise be interesting and/or amusing posts.

Anonymous said...

James Mcavoy was was insanely great in Atonemnt. The movie is very good he was great. The green dress was also brilliant.

Just a girl said...

Hey Emma,

Gah. I just commented but bloody Blogger lost it. Gah. Shall have to try and repeat it.

Thanks for your congratulations on my blog!

So; sexiest males this year in film. I only have a few:

1. James McAvoy, Atonement
2. Matt Damon, Bourne Ultimatum
3. Johnny Depp, POTC 3

Yummy! James McAvoy was hot, I hope we see more of him in the future! Speaking of Atonement, I was able to see it recently (finally!!) - as it only just came out in Oz - and I loved it! Much more than I enjoyed No Country for Old Men, which I saw a few days prior. It was very well directed, the cinematography was something else, and all three leading men were terrific, but the abrubt ending for me left something to be desired, though apparently that is how Cormac McCarthy writes...but you should definately see it, and let me know what you think.

And while Kiera may need to eat a Big Mac - or 3 - I thought she was wonderful as Cecilia in Atonement.

xo
Just a girl

Anonymous said...

I think it's kind of unfair to say/imply Keira's anorexic. Some people are just extremely skinny by nature, and it's not like she dropped an alarming amount of weight (like, say, Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan have done in the past); she's always been like that. I do think her looks are overrated, but I don't think she's anorexic, just very skinny...and seeing as her green dress was just voted the #1 costume in cinema history, I'd guess it is already iconic.

As far as sexy guys go, I agree with Mr. McAvoy but haven't thought about it much.

ICH BIN said...

I like Keira, i think she's pretty....and Atonement was awesome..
btw I like your blog. May I add it as a link in my blog? if you have time leave a comment on my blog.

Regards from Indonesia...

craig said...

My God Emma, you posted a PP link!

movieboy1992 said...

Hey. I'd love to have a link swamp. :-D

andrés said...

i personally fancy keira (for obvious reasons beside acting), but she is too skinny, and therefore falling out of my favour.

i loved the girl from once, thought it was sexy yet naive at the same time. i still must see more movies though

i can't find juno anywhere!!!

Brian Erickson said...

Not a great year for sexy film characters, but there were a few that stood out. In no particular order:

Michael Cera in Juno--He was so cutely awkward in this role. Great stuff, and an even better movie.

Matt Damon in The Bourne Ultimatum--I've always found him to be really downright sexy, even though I know that a lot of people see him as repulsive. I just don't see how that's possible...

Gerard Butler in 300--Awful film, but he made it worthwhile ;-)

James McAvoy in Atonement--Well duh. He was sooo sexy in this movie, and he didn't even have to try. Love him!

Hugh Dancy and Patrick Wilson in Evening--This film makes 300 look like Casablanca, but there is no denying that these men are plain sexy.

the misomaniac said...

juno is actually a [gasp!] somewhat intelligent comedy. but its very confusing, as in "WHY IS MICHAEL NOT GEORGE MICHAEL'S FATHER???? AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH"

the misomaniac said...

also, i'd like to point out to anonymous poster above, that no hatre is 'petty hatred'...

...especially not of keira knightly.

Ray Wong said...

Keira is not too skinny. The fountain scene was mighty sexy. And when she walked away with the vase, just stare at her ass. That was NOT a skinny ass. She's one gorgeous woman.