Sunday, April 08, 2007

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Barcelona.

My not posting for the last coupla days hasn’t been what some of you have feared (or hoped, depending on who you are) – that I’ve suddenly upped and died. Nope, I have, in fact, been travelling through Spain’s culture capital – Barcelona.

Busy roads, Artistic areas, uncompromising drivers, friendly atmosphere and delicious food is probably how I’d sum it all up in a sentence. I went for five days, and visited lots and lots and lots of lovely places and ate lots of nice food. Frustratingly, many of the residents of Barcelona, though eloquent Anglophiles, simply refused to speak anything other than Catalan out of sheer pride, so it was somewhat of a challenge trying to break language barriers in the babel of languages that were spoken, but good fun.

Now, I can’t be bothered to write anymore, so I’ll just treat you to my photos, because I know I’ve behaved awfully by going on holiday without saying goodbye. Teehee!

From La Sagrada Familia:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

From Camp Nou:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

From Las Ramblas:
Barça

Barça

Barça

From L’Aquarium:
Fish.

Fish.

Fish.

Fish.

Fish.

Fish.

Random:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

All in all, it was great to have the rest, fantastic to taste the culture from another part of Europe, and if I’ve learnt anything from this holiday, it’s that I’m not anywhere near as cosmopolitan and clever as I like to think I am. The museums in Barca are where it’s at, much more intense and difficult than I could ever imagine, so all in all, I was pretty content to volver to my comfy home in England.


If you'd like more photos, just ask.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos Ems. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

jaime said...

I want to go there so much!

craig said...

You need to learn how to hold the camera still

Emma said...

@ Craig - the bad photos were the ones taken by my brother. *nods*

Lol, no actually, the fish kept moving whenever I took a photo. So blame them!

Rowena Julez said...

Oh wow! Beautiful. You went to Barcelona? It looks lovely!

Wish I could go to Europe one day.

Luck is with Chelsea. We're gonna win the remaining three trophies! Whee!!

dan said...

Been there myself in October last year, I didn't like it

Catherine said...

I was just in Prague! I've been in Spain before, but only for a few days when I was ten. I'd love to volver back one day.

Emma said...

We should totally make "volver" an urban word and use it in daily speech! :D

besty said...

So you didn't actually go into Nou Camp? :P

Nice to have you back, dear

Emma said...

Hey Martin...

This is a bit of a gay question, but which footballers do you consider handsome?

If you don't know, you could just say the ones your girlfriend fancies.

Anyway, I don'tknow why I'm asking you this.

besty said...

lol Ems, I expect nothing less from you.

My missus fancies Lampard, Cech, Mourinho and Shevchenko, though the only one of those who I'd want to look like is Lampard. Gerrard's OK... Lennon's OK... and the lady Gooners seem to like Fabregas and Van Persie, so I'll give em a mention.

Footballers I would NOT like to look like are Robben and Ronaldo.

besty said...

And Crouch is ugly too, of course.

Emma said...

You're gay.

Your girlfriend's cool. I'd like to live in Fulham.

craig said...

Martin's gay! You didn't ask about managers and he just blurted out Jose.

Emma said...

I know, and he's always dissing José on MSN. A closet case if there ever was one.

craig said...

Like Hades

besty said...

I think you're just pissed off, Emma, because I slagged off your boys Crouch, Robben and Ronaldo.

... Now THAT'S gay!

Emma said...

Eww! Ronnie isn't one of my "boys"! That prissy, diving, orange-faced cheat!!!

Anonymous said...

like Robben.

Emma said...

Whoever said that didn't even have the guts to reveal themselves.

craig said...

like Robben. :-P

Emma said...

Robben has to reveal himself, you don't exactly play football invisibly now, do you? :P

craig said...

Robben isn't playing now because he is invisible. What would you do if you were invisible?

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reel Fanatic said...

Hola, Emma .. glad you had fun in Barcelona, even if it did take forever to load the site ... a word of warning .. I got tagged to list five sites that make me think, and even at your silliest, your site at least makes me do that (and laugh, too) ... So, be ready for it tomorrow morning