Wednesday, March 28, 2007

“You’re so cool.”

Firs thing's first. You signed up yet?

Quentin Tarantino has been described as the coolest director of all time on many a occasion. Whilst I don’t totally agree with this, I do have to concede that his film titles truly are too cool.

We were having a conversation today about how cool “300” was as a title, so I feel like making a random list of the top 10 coolest (not best, mind) film titles:

01. Reservoir Dogs (come on, that is just beyond cool!)
02. Sin City
03. 300
04. Run Lola Run (in the original German Lola Rennt rocks too)
05. Heat
06. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
07. Kill Bill
08. Lost in Translation (I didn’t care for it at all, but it is a pretty cool title.)
09. Johnny Guitar
10. Oldboy

Tags: , , , , .


Lil' Green bag.

What's more, I've recently developed quite a lil' penchant for ogrgeous images of scenary. These are some of the best I've found: here, here, here and here.

So unbelievably gorgeous!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Late Spring (Ozu)?

Emma said...

Blimey, that were fast! I've only just pressed "publish"!

Anyway, Late Spring is a lovely film! It is actually v. cool in its own little way, though the title, for featuring the word "spring", disqualifies itself, methinks. :D

dan said...

King Size Canary.

Catherine said...

It was Tarantino's birthday yesterday, so the Guardian informs me.

Hmm...coolest film titles;

Adaptation
Pulp Fiction
Casablanca
Drugstore Cowboy
Vertigo

Not all of them are necessarily "cool", but most of them conjure up images for me, independant of their films, which is kinda cool.

Luke said...

Personal favourite: Slap Her... She's French. Closely followed by Phat Girlz, of course.

landismom said...

I like:

The Unbearable Lightness of Being
The Bride with White Hair
Bread & Roses

Anonymous said...

love the photos! did you take em?

Cinemaniac said...

Hey =). Fantastic blog you have here. Mighty impressed. And I'm loving the abundant Brokeback appreciation.

I've just begun my own and I'd love to be linked (and even have some tips >.>;;;). I already linked you and every other cool Buzzer I know.

Hope to talk to you soon ^_^v. Please reply on my blog whenever you can!

~James~

paul haine said...

Devil in a Blue Dress
Blade Runner
The Big Sleep
Cool Hand Luke
Dog Day Afternoon
Be Cool
Blood Simple
Coffee and Cigarettes
The Warriors

Emma said...

"Be Cool", a quintessentially cool title, sadly the film wasn't.

How could I forget The Big Sleep?

paul haine said...

Be Cool is, ironically, eye-wateringly uncool, from the use of the never-cool-again-because-of-Battlefield-Earth-and-Scientology John Travolta, to the constant name-dropping of the excerable Black-Eyed Peas, to Uma Thurman's apparent impression of the latter-day Madonna, all bumping and grinding to dreadful R&B...urgh, what an awful film. Like watching your dad at a disco.

Ninquelosse said...

How about films with dreadful titles? I watched "The Quiet American" earlier this week - an alarmingly fantastic film, with a really creaky title. It sounds dire!