Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Mother’s Day Treat.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




The “treat” (or not so much), is that I shall do one of my much-missed top ten lists, this one being, in the spirit of mother’s day & being lazy (hence, 5 instead of 10), Top 5 Cinematic Mothers.

01. Mildred Pierce (Joan Crawford, Mildred Pierce)


02. Laura Jesson (Celia Johnson, Brief Encounter)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

03. Ashley (soon to be mother, Amy Adams, Junebug)


04. The Bride (Uma Thurman, Kill Bill)


05. Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft, The Graduate)



Some more goodies: Something cute I found, something that could easily be a family affair.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldnt't find 10 mum? Why not choose some animated ones.

Katie said...

Blimey, Ballack, Robben and Wright-Philips make one happy family!

Emma said...

I know!! This is my favourite, ever:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/StudyZummer/essay91.jpg

jaime said...

Yeah for Amy Adams!

A picture for you now:
http://www.firsttouchonline.com/images/680_mourinho.gif

He's pretty fit no?

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

@ Robben, not JT.

paul haine said...

What? No Serial Mom?

Rowena Julez said...

One big happy family. =)

I am starting to like Ballack AGAIN after so long.

Robben's just adorable. I still am confused on why he poked that Sheffield player in the face. But still, it's Arjen and I love him very much.

I didn't criticise much on Rooney there because I know the mate will read it, and she has already threatened me that if I insult any of her players, she'll destroy the pic of Arjen in The League magazine that she bought for me.

We must protect our darling Arjen, yes.

P/S: That stupid Cristina Ronaldo needs to die. I was writhing in agony when I saw him play last night. He's just ugly.

Reel Fanatic said...

A great choice in Amy Adams, even if she was only a mother-to-be ... there have been very few movies about the American South that are as charming and entertaining as Junebug

Woodstock said...

i shamefully admit that the only mom i've seen from the top 5 is the bride.

Rowena Julez said...

You're gonna love this. Not so sure if you've seen this, but anyways, go here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9U2HH06MQE


This is a video of Jose when he was 25.

And he looks effing sexy.

*drools*
*faints*
*dies*

Oh Jose, you've killed me.

cinefille said...

OMG, I love "Brief Encounter"!