Friday, September 15, 2006

10 Sexiest Film Characters.

Believe it or not, this 16-year-old, raging hormones and all, rather likes her men. The following film characters have particularly tickled my fancy in the looks department, but, suffice to say, it’s not just their looks that I find so utterly alluring. Maybe it’s something to do with their characters too, or the way they’re filmed, etc. Nonetheless, whilst the following 10 men (two chosen twice, because they are just so Goddamn sexy) might not achieve the task of getting me quite as hot under the collar as a certain Mr. Peter Crouch does, they are still puh-retty damn fine. I certainly wouldn’t say no.

01. Stanley Kowalski (Marlon Brando, A Streetcar Named Desire)
We are currently studying Tennesse Williams’ play in English (did you know, he was a cousin far removed of Truman Capote’s?), and the first thing my English teacher asked was whether or not anyone had seen the film. Obviously, I had (it’s in my top 80 of all time). Her w
ords of wisdom about the film? “It’s worth watching just to see Marlon Brando in a vest.” And that sums up my thoughts towards this babe of a film character perfectly. Oh. My. Frick. Could you GET any sexier? I think not; Marlon Brando’s brooding, sexual predator of a turn is up there as one of the greatest performances of all time, but you know what really makes his performance masterful? His raw, animal magnetism. I mean, come on ladies. I defy anyone to watch this film and not fall in love with Mr. Brando. Oh. Yum.

02. Romeo Montague (Leonardo DiCaprio,
Romeo + Juliet)
Leo
is introduced in William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet to the tune of Radiohead’s languid, effortless enticing “Talk Show Host,” and it is quite possibly the sexiest (clothed) moment in cinematic history, hotter than a Steven Gerrard-Peter Crouch-Frank Lampard love triangle. For the next 110 minutes, my Leo spends his time pining, flirting and falling in love, and the more I see of his character, the more I like. He is VERY nice to look at, with that lovely hair and sensitive eyes, but there’s a certain edge of vulnerability DiCaprio portrays with his falling in love that really tips to scale of hotness for him. I like my men to have character.

03. Jack Twist (Jake Gyllenhaal,
Brokeback Mountain)
How could I NOT list the gayest, hottest, biggest babe of a cowboy known to grace this falling star of a planet? My choice for the most handsome actor of all-time, Mr. Jake Gyllenhaal, is denim clad, lasso in hand to woo his ain true love, Ennis del Mar. Sadly, the film doesn’t have quite the happy ending that someone as doe-eyedly beautiful as Jack Twist deserves, but along the way, we are treated to some stunning shots of him, either staring hopefully into the air (breaks my heart every time), driving a tractor with his son (sooo cute!), lassoing his man (sooo cute!), and generally, just being someone you so would. I heart Jake forever, and it simply broke my heart to hear about him crying over that slut Kirsten Dunst. But now he’s got him nice Natalie Portman, so I am very happy for him. If only Peter Crouch could sort out his love life in such a way.

04. Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise, Jerry Maguire)
Yes. I know Mr. Cruise is currently a little bit of a psycho, and that weird girl
that everyone’s trying to pass off as Suri Cruise looks like more of a Photoshop experiment than a real person. I am aware of all this. But I still love Tom, and it is keyly for the lovely character of Jerry Maguire that he brought to me. Not many would consider Jerry Maguire all that sexy, but Tom was so sweet, cute, witty and REAL as Jerry, that I just totally fell in love with him. And there’s that seduction of Renee on the porch. Man, would I have wanted to be her in that scene. He.

05. Jack Withrowe (Jason Lee, Heartbreakers)
More of a background player in a film that belonged to Sigourney Weaver and Ray Liotta, I’m still able to remember something of Lee’s character: he was adorable.
Even though Jennifer Love-Hewitt’s character in the film was, like, a total bitch, Jason Lee was ridiculously devoted to her, lovably, charming, basically, everything that a malicious girls needs in a sexy guy to redeem herself. And he was a star gazer! And a millionaire! The sexiest man in a Hawaiian shirt, is Mr. Lee. Now, why do the stupid TV people make him so ugly for My Name is Earl? Bah.

06. Julio Zapata (Gael Garcia Bernal, Y Tu Mama Tambien)
07. Vincent Freeman (Ethan Hawke, Gattaca)
08. Donnie Darko (Jake Gyllenhaal, Donnie Darko)
09. Charlie (Dan Futterman, Urbania)
10. Frank Abagnale Jr (Leonardo DiCaprio, Catch me If You Can)

As for TV characters:
01. Martin Fitzgerald (Eric Close, Without a Trace)
02. Chandler (Matthew Perry, Friends)
03. Ryan Atwood (Benjamin McKenzie, The O.C.)
04. Charlie Pace (Dominic Monaghan, Lost)
05. Michael (Wentworth Miller, Prison Break)
06. Will (Eric McCormack, Will & Grace)
07. Jack (Matthew Fox, Lost)
08. Seth Cohen (Adam Brody, The O.C.)
09. Frank Buffay (Giovanni Ribisi, Friends)
10. J.D. (Zach Braff, Scrubs)

23 comments:

RC said...

it would appear to me that you have a thing for Leo?

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Kendra said...

I miss Holden/Tom Worther from "The good girl", although your list would have a Gyllenexcess. I'd add Eddie Felson (Paul Newman) and one list more!

Emma said...

Don't be annoying, James.

Emma said...

I do have a thing for Leo!

And Jake was rather sexy in The Good Girl. Oh yes.

Anonymous said...

I have a thing for Leo! I love him best as Jack and Frank Wheeler.

reyt said...

Our website are the reliable wow gold and wow power leveling wow gold

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you!!!
[URL=http://superjonn.50webs.com/open-table-boston-restaurant-week.html]open table boston restaurant week[/URL]

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you!!!
[url=http://tennis-avenue.cphoster.com/]http://tennis-avenue.cphoster.com/[/url]
http://tennis-avenue.cphoster.com/

Juliette said...

Clearly and understandably you like young men - my fav (older, shows my age!)

Anthony Hopkins
Martin Shaw
Michael Douglas


small dog harness

Joanne said...

Marlon Brando, Ethan Hawke, yes but not Leo - too boyish looking! What about 10 sexiest classic movie actors?

harnesses for dogs

Stan said...

I love your list, I Like this characters too..
Leonardo DiCaprio was my favorite..

Love your blog!

--stanjones Weddings Invitation

Modern Greetings said...

These top lists of male actors are indeed very popular up to this time. You have a nice choice.

How to Shorten Pants said...

I don't much about those TV characters. Anyway, thanks for sharing this posting. Keep on posting your best choice!

Jhoanne said...

Y tu Mama Tambien (And your Mother Too) is a controversial and sexually. Indeed, you have a great list..Thanks for sharing..

Lydia -- "Clown Costume"

envelopes said...

I have watched these movies. And these actors are very cool.

note pads said...

I have watched some of the movies wherein these sexiest actors acted as the main character. Keep on acting.

Christmas cards said...

Concerning your movies, I think that they are all nice to watch. Congratulations.

professional custom writing service said...

whatever anyone says, TOM CRUISE is the hottest, not - HOTTTTEST MAN IN THE WORLD!!! love him!

Anonymous said...

Nike free run australia nike free run plus shoes
Nike free run Blue nike free run blue shoes
Nike free run Black black nike free run shoes on sale
Nike free run Red red nike free run shoes for sale
Nike free run Grey grey nike free run shoes for sale
Nike free 3.0 womens nike free 3.0 shoes for womens
Nike free Run Tr nike free run tr shoes
Nike free 5.0 nike free run 5.0 shoes
Nike free 3.0 nike free run 3.0 shoes
Nike free 7.0 nike free run 7.0 shoes
Nike free run 2 nike free run 2011 style
Nike free run shoes nike free run shoes on sale

How to restore recycle bin said...

It's been so long that I've been searching for this topic. But anyway, I appreciate the content of this blog. Keep on posting!

Milton said...

Hey this is a fun little post. I referenced it in an article on what men can learn from sexy movie characters:

http://www.lsattraction.com/sexy-movie-characters-stanley-kowalski/

Alma Ward said...

Chandler Muriel Bing is a fictional character on the popular U.S. television sitcom Friends, portrayed by Matthew Perry. He is my favorite TV character of course.

Alma ~"Professional Makeup Brush Organizer"~

Melisa Marzett said...

I find this blog entry very informative, and hope that our custom essay writers will make it more precisely and clearly written for the entire reading audience!