Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Item number 13: The Audrey Hepburn boxset

So bored... up too early.

The boxset contains these 5 films:
- Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Sabrina
- Funny Face
- Paris When it Sizzles
- Roman Holiday


Most of which I have on video, one that I have on DVD. With the times moving forward, I may want to start upgrading to DVD, and what better way to start than with the A. Hepburn boxset? Audrey is my favourite actress. I've loved all her performances, and just feel that she brings charm and depth to every character that she has played. To have let Jennifer Love Hewitt play her in The Audrey Hepburn Story is nothing short of blasphemous.

Of these 5 films, my favourite would be Roman Holiday, a very beautiful and enjoyable romantic comedy about a princess who roams around Rome, only to fall in love with Greg Peck in the process. Their romance is believable and sweet; their chemistry is unmistakable.

I also love Breakfast at Tiffany's. Hepburn's portrayal of Holly Golightly is one of the Best performances given in a film, and redeems George Peppard's lacklustre performance. Sabrina is, in my opinion, one of Billy Wilder's most underrated films, and has aged gracefully. My reception of Paris When it Sizzles and Funny Face are less enthusiastic, but they are decent rainy day films nonetheless. In short, a wonderful collection.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was more annoyed with the guy they cast as William Holden. Scare

MysticFist said...

5 in the morning? Scary. Well, I have this! Breakfast is my favourite for her performance alone, Roman is good too, Face is pretty meh, haven't seen Sabrina yet, haven't seen Paris and don't really care to.

lisa said...

Oh i love Audrey. Who doesn't!

carter said...

I don't

Emma said...

You're geh.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
Youth hockey tournaments Cleaning machinery and appliances industry advertising debt problem Orvilles appliances Fiat samantha 125s pictures back to basic ice cream makers