Saturday, February 25, 2006

Good Night, and Good Snooze.

I saw Good Night and Good Luck today, and it was, without a doubt, one of the most boring, bloated films I'd ever seen in my entire life. I don't entirely hate it - Strathairn was inspired, some of the dialogue was snappy and the production design was excellent, but generally, it felt like Clooney was writing a Media Studies essay, and desperate for an A* in it. It deserves its space in the back of the Oscar queue.


Image hosting by Photobucket

5 comments:

Dave said...

I disagree entirely. Brainfood, and you just didn't understand it.

Emma said...

Oh, I understood it. McArthyism, right?

Anonymous said...

i also disagree

paul haine said...

I agree, absolutely. Not only was I bored for the length of the film I remained bored for the rest of the evening, as if the film had saturated me with its boreded...er, borededness. If that's a word.

It thinks it's far cleverer than it actually is. The Culture Snob review of the film is worth reading...

Emma said...

The Culture Snob's review of it is perfect! Total genius.